Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Grid

When I was a kid, I didn't really think of teachers as "real people." In elementary school, I assumed (like my classmates) that teachers lived at school, graded assignments all night, and never, ever went to the grocery store.

When I got into middle school, I realized how wrong I was. I found out that teachers went home and graded papers all night. Finally by high school I realized that teachers were real honest to goodness people that shopped for food, listened to music, and did chores.

As a principal, I realize how lucky I am to work with SMS teachers and other staff members. The adults in our building grade papers but they also shop. They sing and play. They also laugh and dream. And they experience great joy and handle great disappointment. They are real people. Interesting people.

If you've seen this week's issue of the Scoop, you likely noticed a new feature on the back page called The Grid. Each week, we will feature a group of SMS staff members and let you know a little bit about each of them. Follow The Grid and get to know our talented staff.  Compare their answers to what you would put in The Grid!




No comments:

Post a Comment